Monday, July 16, 2007
Happy Birthday Johnboy!!!!!!
Well I thought it only appropriate as this new blog has been set-up to use it to recognize certain accomplishments. Things like a cool award at school, or changes in employment, or an anniversary of something. Of course, the reason for the blog today. Congratulations John--you made it another year without kicking the bucket!!! I'm sure more grey hair and less of it (of course if your hair is falling out at a faster rate than it is turning grey then you would actually be getting less grey). I think it's time for a word problem. Everyone get a pencil sharp. OK. John on the 16th day of July 2006 had 500 stands of grey hair (round number to make it easier). Everyday John gets 5 more strands of grey hair. On months with thirty days John loses 200 strands of hair, on months with thirty one days he loses 190 strands of hair, and in February John lost 210 strands of hair (due to the stress of Presidents Day). 80% of the hair lost is grey. Does John have more or less grey hair today than he did this time last year? Just a fun little word problem on a HOT!! summer afternoon. Anyway, I would just like to wish you a very happy birthday JOHN! Hopefully you get your wish, of course, if your like me it is getting harder to get all those candles at one time. It's to late for you this year, but I've found that I have to fun on the treadmill for thirty minutes a day for the week prior to my birthday to increase my lung capacity to the point I can do it. I love you and Happy Birthday!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
By my calculations Mr. Pants I think that we can arrive that John lost more grey hairs than he gained last year. Congrats John! there is only one thing I would like to point out. And that is The percentage of grey hairs quite possibly could have increased even though the total number of grey hairs has decreased. I do not think that is the case. John happy birthday, I think you are still better looking than me. And I mean that all day long ;)-
thank you, thank you, thank you....i appreciate the sentiments and the honor of having a math problem in my honor...
5*365 = 1825
190*7 = 1330
200*4 = 800
210*1 = 210
tot = 2340*.8 = 1872
so while i gained 1825 gray hairs; 1872 have fallen out!!! yeah. Although Charles may very well be correct when he says the percentage of gray is larger..so i lost more than i gained just means i'm getting grayer and balder...some birthday!
uncle john, you beat me @ answering the math problem. congrats!!!!!
My calculations leave John at having 15 less grey hairs than he had at this time last year. But I do have to say, that I just saw John on Saturday, and he is looking younger than ever. Love you, John, and hope you had a wonderful birthday!
Post a Comment